Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Mason had a different idea...

I just did my sweep to check the kids one last time before turning in for the night. Mason is sleeping upstairs in his new room. We set up a bunk bed that belonged to my cousin. We had it and Mason wanted one so it worked out perfectly.


The one major issue with moving him up there is that he has been adamant that Gracie goes too. Well, she's going to be ten in a couple of weeks and slowing down on the stairs so she goes out for the night and then upstairs for good. This is only the second night that they've slept up there together and the top bunk was the big novelty. I don't even have any of the matching bedding for his room. These are just some sheets from mom and dad and his blankets. The only thing up there is the bed.


Anyway, here's the funny: this is a home of dog lovers. They are members of our family. BUT they are not allowed on the furniture; never have been allowed. That is until tonight I suppose! This photo shows what I found when I went to check on him. :) He could never really get her in his other bed. It is a firetruck bed that Tracy custom made for him. It has sides and is a twin so it just never worked out. Tonight: tonight was a charm for them I guess. They're on the bottom. It's a double and the top is a twin. So much for the top now.





She wanted to immediately get down because she just knew she was in for it. I told her to put her head back down, took the photo, and came back down the steps. I guess she's still up there with her boy. Good for her. Unfortunately as we found with our precious Sandy Girl, she won't be with us forever.

No comments: