Wednesday, August 5, 2009

School is drawing near...

I've had the strangest conversation with the twins lately. They've asked that they be put in the same class this year. When they first asked, I was driving and thought I'd run off the road! They're going into second grade and they never have said anything about it; until now. I wondered where that came from but they both said they wanted to be together.

Now that I think about it, over the past two years, they've talked about their days and shown great interest in what was happening in the others' room. They've seemed like they missed what the other was doing during the day. They've told Tracy and me that they want to be able to eat lunch together and be on the playground together, just be together.

I found it kinda funny since they do fight but maybe this will be a way for them to foster a different kind of relationship, away from home. Some things that we've weighed are: there is not one twin who is more dominant, there is not one twin who depends on the other, and they both have established their own "sense of self" already. We've questioned them numerous times and they still say they want to be together. This is all initiated by them so we've decided to go with it.

I called our principal this morning and it's all set. We talked about the type of teacher that I feel would benefit them both and I have an inkling as to who it will be. We'll wait for the card to come in the mail. As for the full time job for me, we would have had to move the children to that school. I love them being at R.E. Lee and pray that good things are in store for this coming year. God is working. Our strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord.

No comments: