Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Figuring it all out...

Emma and I met some friends of ours for lunch on Monday. We try to get together but it doesn't happen often so this was a spur of the moment playdate. Emma was very thrilled to see Mark and Ethan. When we got there, they had already decided that she would have to sit in between them in the booth because they both wanted to sit by her. (they are twins) We all had lunch at Chick-fil-A and they all played in the play area for a bit while Michelle and I talked a while.

The reason for this post is as follows: she taught them a bit of a lesson on the way to the vans. We were all heading across the parking lot and she curtly notified them that, "Um, girls are supposed to go first". This was because they went out the door before her as we were leaving. She continued by saying, "Usually my brother holds the door for my mommy and me and waits for us to go out and then he goes out. Girls go first." Mark and Ethan kind of "harumphed" her and said that no, boys go first. She protested and then Michelle and I told them that it's being a gentleman to let a girl go first. They grinned and hid their faces at that. It was all pretty funny.

I made sure to tell Mason about this exchange when he got out of school. He grinned and thought that it was funny the way she told them. I emphasized the impact that he's made on her. I really made over him and how he's growing into a gentleman. Emma: She's obviously figuring out what she likes and dislikes already. I'm smiling right now. I'm praying we can keep setting that bar higher and higher...

No comments: