Monday, December 7, 2009

Advent Workshop








The children and I went to the Advent Workshop at our church last night. We had a grand time again. It is such a fun event! I remember going to the same function as a youngin. I still have a wooden reindeer that I made at one. I also remember making wreathes out of fresh greenery. I also made Chrismons, which are "Christmas Monograms". They are Christian symbols that adorn our Christmas tree in our church. I know if I looked hard enough I'd find some on there that I made as a child.
It is a family event where the fellowship hall is set up with different tables and stations. Each area has a different craft or item to make and then take at the end of the night. Last night, the gingerbread houses were a favorite. They also made birdseeded bagels, frootloop and cheerios garland, cranberry ornaments, Chrismons, ceramic tile trivets, Christmas cookies, hot chocolate mix gift jars, decorated gift bags, cards, to name a few. I love seeing my kids so comfortable at church. As tired as I was, I love the fact that they never want to leave. They always seem to be some of the last ones there. That's a good thing. Merry Christmas all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God bless u and ur family. Your kids are beautiful. :)

http://realdistresseddeals.com/distressed-deals/