Saturday, November 28, 2009

Time is flying

We went to mom and dad's for Thanksgiving and came back late last night. I found out this trip that I like traveling at night. We went down on Tuesday evening after school and visiting with Nanny and Granddaddy for a while. It was around 5:20 when we left so it was dark very shortly after we got on the road. We drove for about and hour and fifteen minutes and stopped for dinner. After that, the children were full and ready to sleep. They were very subdued and the ride was great. I decided to do the same thing on the way back.

We celebrated my brother's 40th birthday on Thanksgiving Day. The children were very excited to present him with a scrapbook that we made for him. I must give big "thank yous" to Stacey B. and my Mom for helping with that project! It wouldn't have happened without your help, you're both the best! The last page was a happy birthday page that was mainly from the children. I think he really liked the book. It had pictures from as far back as when our Mom was pregnant with him! It pretty much covered the gammut.

Here's a first: my Mom and I went shopping on Black Friday! We were at the Wytheville WalMart at 4:40 am! I was specifically looking for some electronic items for the children and hoping for the $198 laptop for Mom. We did really well working together and splitting up. I decided right off that I wasn't going to attempt the laptop when I saw the hoard of people lined up around the items and cordoned off with police tape. I finished my shopping and went to checkout. I struck up a conversation with the couple behind me about their laptop in their cart. The lady said that it was crazy getting it and that she had gotten up at 2:30 am to get in line for it but she was thinking of not buying it; she already had one and didn't really need another. I told her I was hoping for one for my Mom for Christmas but had given up when I saw all the people... Next thing I know, her husband put it up on the counter in front of me and said, "Tell your Momma to have a nice Christmas"!!! I couldn't believe it! They were there for that long and they gave it to my to buy! This just made my day! It made my mom's too! Great people- that was my experience on Black Friday... :)

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

i love the story! simply heartwarming! :)